Please quote job reference DPC1719 on the application. Apply now


Part-time Personal Assistants for 3 children


We are three children living in the Rhydyfelin area. We had support from one Personal Assistant, but this was a short-term arrangement. We are now  looking for a PA for each of us. We each have 2 hours per week allocated.

The pay rate is £10.70 per hour. PA’s to be flexible, reliable and be mindful of how our conditions affect us. PA to be sensible drivers, with business class insurance on your vehicles.

Child A

I am a 5-year-old girl with high functioning ASD. I am very social, but I have no filter. You would need to be thick skinned. I am active and enjoy gymnastics, swimming and bowling. I can find it difficult to leave places. Female PA needed due to some help with toileting. You will be accompanying me when out and about and ensuring my safety is priority at all times.

Child B

I am an 11 year boy with ADHD. I enjoy rugby, boxing, arcades and going to the cinema. I do not like shopping, unless it is for myself. I am fantastic on my own and will be great on a one to one basis. PA with similar interests would be ideal. You will be accompanying me when out and about and ensuring my safety is priority at all times.

Child C

I am a 17 year old girl with Autism. My school has mentioned me attending a transgender support group in Cathays on a Tuesday evening. You would not need to come in, but wait in the car while I attend. Unfortunately, I have no one to take me to this group at the moment. If the hours are not used for this group, I would  be happy to bank the hours and have x1 8 hour shift in the month to go to Cardiff.


Though a part-time job, this will be a proper job requiring a National Insurance number to be submitted.  A trial period will be necessary in the first instance.  The wage will be paid on a monthly basis and appropriate holiday pay given.

The post is subject to satisfactory references and a DBS (Police) Check - which will need to be carried out before employment can commence. The cost of this will be met by the employer (Local Authority).

The relevant checks will be carried out to ensure any applicant has the right to work in the UK.