Here you will find useful information and links around the Direct Payment Scheme in RCT.

If you are personal assistant working for a direct payment service user in RCT this handbook will provide you with a summary of working conditions and policies affecting your employment.

The Employer Toolkit below is designed to help you support your Personal Assistants to gain the skills they need to carry out their roles effectively. It also aims to assist you with your responsibilities as an employer to support your Personal Assistants’ learning and personal development.


Training Course available for Personal Assistants who are looking to enhance their career in the caring profession.

The local Authority can provide free learning resources, examples are:-

  • POVA
  • Manual Handling
  • First Aid

Please speak to your employer if you wish to attend a training course.

Useful Links:

Local authority contact



Local Authority Direct Payments Web Page

Social Services Direct Payments Team

Tel: 01443 425003


Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS)

Aims to improve organisations and working life through better employment

relations. They help with employment relations by supplying up-to-date information, independent advice and high quality training, and working with employers and employees to solve problems and improve performance.

Free advice is available from:

Telephone 08457 47 47 47

Minicom 08456 06 16 00

0300 3033444

Disability Wales provide useful information about rights, social model of disability and independent living

Telephone: 029 20887325

Learn from Learning

A free comparison website providing information about a range of learning available. It includes an online evaluation tool to help you manage your learning and make sure you are getting the best value for money.

Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) improves the lives of people who use care services by sharing knowledge about what works. They have a range of information, guides, e learning material and films on a variety of useful topics.

Telephone: 020 7535 0900

Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA)

Telephone: 0800 2888 329

Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status)

Stay in the UK after it leaves the EU ('settled status'): step by step

EU Settlement Scheme: Employer Toolkit

EU Settlement Scheme Resolution Centre Telephone: 0300 123 7379